Friday, February 04, 2005

Et Tu Sheelu ?

I was flipping six One Rupee coins one by one into the Platform-ticket Vending Machine at the Bangalore Cantonement Railway Station.

"You needn't have come so far, could have stayed at home" my dad was telling me. I told him the same. "Dad, you shouldn't have come in the first place and secondly you shouldn't be leaving too soon like this once you are here". My dad came to Bangalore the previous day to pay a visit.

He's not the kind who comes so far from Rameshwaram without a reason. "You had an accident last week, and you want to go to the Railway Station to see me off ? take rest at home, I can be on my own and Mercy would see me off" he was telling me some time back.

It was Sunday night when I was riding Mercy's Sheelu (thats what she calls her 6 year old TVS Scooty) when it happened. I dont want to get into the details of how it happened, but I ended up losing a lot of blood from my left foot which got 8 suitures.

I am on leave and haven't been going to work since then. Also losing some good Mentoring sessions by the Gentleman named Raj Balasubramaniam, from our Dallas division.

I am hoping to get back to work on Tuesday when the suitures would be off.

No comments: